In The Heights
- Thursday , May 07 , 2020 8:00 PM
- Friday , May 08 , 2020 8:00 PM
- Sunday , May 10 , 2020 2:00 PM
- Sunday , May 10 , 2020 6:00 PM
- Friday , May 15 , 2020 8:00 PM
- Saturday , May 16 , 2020 8:00 PM
NEW SHOW DATE: Opens the 6th show on Saturday, May 16 at 8:00 PM.
The play is in English.
In The Heights from May 7 to May 16, 2020 at Centro de Bellas Artes in Santurce. The acclaimed musical “In The Heights” created by the playwright of Puerto Rican descent Lin-Manuel Miranda and who placed him among the most talented and successful names on Broadway, will return to the Centro de Bellas Artes in Santurce with a staging produced in Puerto Rico with Puerto Rican actors, actresses, dancers and singers.
The play will star the acclaimed Puerto Rican actor and singer Éktor Rivera, who will assume the role of "Usnavi" after having shone on Broadway (New York) in "On Your Feet!", And in London at the head of the cast of the musical "Evita" in the character of Juan Domingo Perón. With him, Didi Romero ("Nina"), Tony Chiroldes ("Kevin"), Dagmar ("Abuela Claudia"), Felipe Albors ("Sonny"), Denise Quiñones ("Daniela"), Juan Pablo Díaz ("Piragüero"), Amanda Rivera ("Carla"), Sara Jarque ("Camila"), Michelle Brava ("Boletro Singer"), Ana Isabelle ("Vanessa") and Jasond Calderón ("Benny"), among others.
The musical direction will be by teacher Cucco Peña, while the choreography and general direction by Marcos Santana, who worked on the original assembly of "In The Heights" (2008).
The shows will begin on May 7, 2020, in a production by Ender Vega for BAS Entertainment, who was responsible for the local assembly of "Hamilton", a piece also created by Lin-Manuel Miranda.
"In The Heights" presents what takes place during three days in the Dominican district Washington Heights, in New York, where the dreams and frustrations that immigrants experience in the search for a better quality of life in the United States coincide.
The piece had 13 Tony Awards nominations, of which it was crowned winner in four categories: Best Musical, Best Score (both awards for Lin-Manuel Miranda), Best Choreography and Best Orchestra. In addition, also won a Grammy Award for Best Musical Album. In 2010, Lin-Manuel presented and starred in the musical in Puerto Rico with great success.
SATURDAY May 9, 2020 SHOW: Opening Night, private function.
In order to receive the handicap discount tickets must be purchased in person presenting the ID issued by the Department of Health of Puerto Rico certifying disability. The parking carnet is not valid for this discount. Only one (1) discount per person per ticket.
If the event is in Centro de Bellas Artes of Santurce, you can only buy your ticket at the box office of Centro de Bellas Artes to ensure that they can accommodate the wheelchair.
Children 3 years old and older pay Regular price. Children under 3 years old are not allowed at Centro de Bellas Artes, even if the show is for children.
- If the event is in Centro de Bellas Artes of Santurce, you can only buy your ticket at the box office of Centro de Bellas Artes to honor the Senior 65+ discount (people over 65). Only a minimum of 5% of total ticket sales of each function will be reserved to be sold to persons 65 years of age or older at a discount of 50% of the ticket price.
- It is necessary to show a valid photo ID that includes the date of birth issued by the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
- For a list of outlets click here.